I like to spend the hours I'm not working learning languages (see below), as well as reading and watching films — I plan to start writing reviews on here at some point. I am also a novice powerlifter (current PBs 105/132.5/155).
I am an aspiring polyglot and find language learning to be a very worthwhile activity, both in terms of promoting cross-cultural awareness and communication as well as its benefits on cognition in general. I am currently focused on Romance and Germanic languages, but plan to venture beyond Indo-European languages longer-term.
- Româna este limba mea maternă.
- I've spoken English for as long as I can remember.
- Mi Español es bastante avanzado, y tomaré el examen DELE C1 del Instituto Cervantes en el noviembre de 2020.
- J'ai etudié français dans le lycée (et j'ai obtennu le DELF Scolaire B2), mais il y a longtemps que je ne l'ai utilisé pas.
- Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.
- Parlo un po d'italiano.
My Erdős number is currently 5, owing to the following path:
Curiously enough, my Bacon number is currently 4 and likely to remain lower than my Erdős one (I did some amateur acting in high school).
I am not claiming to be in either of these categories. ↩